The recipe for the Brownies that are inside Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream! So so good – and easy to make too! Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownies
If you’re here, we should probably be BFFs… because you too have been sitting on the sofa idly picking out and eating the Chocolate Fudge Brownie pieces out of Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream, and wondering if you could make the actual brownies inside the ice cream.
Why – because they taste so yummy! And there are never enough of them in the actual ice cream are there?!
The answer is YES my friend! And they taste so so good – exactly like the ones in the ice cream!
I was a little surprised by how much I loved these brownies. I usually make – and love – brownies that verge on truffles – incredibly gooey with LOTS of melted dark chocolate. These brownies are made entirely with cocoa powder (and with chocolate chips added in) but still taste SO chocolatey and fudgy.
I think the ultimate way to serve these Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownies would be on top of the ice cream!
Here’s what you’ll need
You’ll need butter, caster sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, plain flour, vanilla, salt and chocolate chips. Plain chocolate is best, but use whatever you have on hand! There’s no wrong way to put chocolate chips in a brownie.
To bake these Ben and Jerry’s Chocolate Fudge Brownies you’ll need a 9×9 inch square tin.
These brownies are made like you’re making a cake – the butter and sugar is beaten together (in a mixer or by hand) before the eggs are added, then the cocoa powder, flour, and the chocolate chips at the end. Even though the method is different to many brownies (where chocolate and butter is first melted together before stirring in the eggs, sugar and flour), I PROMISE that these brownies turn out super fudgy and delicious – just don’t overcook them.
- 190g butter
- 215g caster sugar
- 3 free range eggs (large)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract or bean paste
- pinch salt
- 70g cocoa powder
- 135g plain flour
- 250g chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Preheat your oven to 160C/gas mark 4 and grease your tin with a little butter or vegetable oil.
- Prepare the dry ingredients in a large bowl - measure out the flour, add the cocoa powder and the salt. Use a whisk to mix it up and get rid of any lumps (especially important as cocoa powder is very lumpy!).
- In a stand mixer, or another bowl, beat together the butter with the sugar for around 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and scrape down the bowl, then stir in the dry ingredients.
- Finally, stir in half of the chocolate chips or chunks, and transfer the brownie batter into the baking tin. Scatter the remaining chocolate on top of the brownies.
- Bake for around 25 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven. Keep a close eye on them and take them out of the oven once they start to pull away from the sides of the tin, or once the 25 mins is elapsed.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight tin.
Brownie obsessed like me? Pin it for later