I am a very firm believer that your birthday is a day when calories do not count. At all. Also, it’s probably a crime not to eat cake on your birthday. You know that I love cake, from Rainbow to Chocolate Fudge to Lemon Blueberry to Birthday cake! But can you eat cake for breakfast?
Well, personally I like to save it for the main event on my birthday, but that doesn’t mean that my breakfast won’t be even more awesome than normal! These Birthday Cake Funfetti Pancakes are uber cute and pretty and a perfect way to start your special day. The recipe makes enough for two, so press print on the recipe and hand it to a special someone so they can bring you your birthday breakfast in bed. Yes!!
- 110g plain flour
- half teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- half teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 tbsp caster sugar
- 200ml natural yoghurt (I used chobani)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp bright and colourful sprinkles
- Gather your dry ingredients, and sift together into a large bowl. In another bowl or jug, combine the yoghurt, milk, melted butter and egg and mix together until combined.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon - don't worry if the mixture seems a little lumpy. Add the sprinkles, and then cook straight away.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tsp of butter per batch of pancakes and, for similar sized pancakes, use a 1/2 cup or other consistent receptacle to measure out the batter. Cook until you start to see bubbles form on the top of the pancakes, then flip and cook until ready.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Enjoy these! Do you think everything tastes better when there are sprinkles involved? Even salad?