This glorious, insane, delicious dessert pizza combines Chocolate Fudge Brownie, chocolate chips, and ALL THE CREME EGGS.
How does one make a Chocolate Fudge Brownie Creme Egg Pizza? It really couldn’t get any easier! Just take an awesome brownie recipe, bake it up in a round pan and then cover it with melted chocolate and creme eggs.
To save you time, I’ve given you a pretty awesome brownie recipe below. Normally I prefer to use a recipe that’s packed full of dark chocolate and butter for great tasting brownies, but I thought I’d try a more budget recipe this time – after all, creme eggs themselves are expensive! So instead of butter, this recipe uses vegetable oil, and the brownies get a lot of their chocolatey punch from cocoa powder (as well as 200g of melted dark chocolate!). But if you have a brownie recipe that you love and swear by, then use that instead.
Making this brownie batter is simplicity itself. You beat the wet ingredients (vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and melted chocolate) together with the sugar and salt, and then sift in the cocoa powder and flour and stir through the chocolate chips. That’s it!
I think kids would just love this Chocolate Fudge Brownie Creme Egg Pizza! Of course, it’s not actually a pizza but it’s sliced up and eaten in pizza slices, which I think is inherently pretty funny! And since there’s no stove involved (Use the microwave to melt the chocolate), they can get involved in mixing up the batter too!
I took the leftovers from my creme egg pizza into work on a cold, windy Wednesday and my workmates raved about it! It was all gone before I could be tempted (which was good because I did eat some the previous day!) and three of them asked for the recipe!
- 240ml / 1 cup vegetable oil
- 450g / 2 cups caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla paste or extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 80g / ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 125g / 1 cup plain flour
- 200g / 1 cup melted plain chocolate
- 100g / 1/2 cup chocolate chips / chunks
- 100g / 1/2 cup milk chocolate
- 3 Creme Eggs and a handful of mini Creme Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 170C/ Gas mark 3/ 350F and prepare a round 9 inch tin by greasing it with a non stick cooking spray, a little butter or vegetable oil.
- Next, measure out the oil into a large bowl and beat it the sugar, 3 eggs, vanilla and salt. Melt the 200g chocolate in the microwave on 30 second intervals and then mix it into the egg mixture. Next, sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and then stir to combine everything, making sure you get your spatula to incorporate the flour at the bottom of the bowl. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips / chunks and then pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake the brownies for no longer than 30 minutes in the middle of the oven, then let cool completely. To decorate, melt the 100g milk chocolate in the microwave and spread it on top of the brownie. Cut up the creme eggs and place artistically on top.
- Measure oil, sugar, vanilla into a large bowl and whisk in eggs. Add melted plain chocolate and then the dry ingredients including chocolate chips and mix well – it will be quite thick. Pour into the tin (grease it with a bit more veg oil or butter first) and bake at about 170 for 30 minutes – no longer!
- Then melt the milk chocolate and spread on top and cover with crème eggs!
- The brownie will be very gooey - it's best stored at room temperature covered in foil or in an airtight tin. Serve warmed up in the microwave with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert!