Delicious cookies with no butter, sugar or flour! Wholesome and yummy!
Do not adjust your screens! Yes, I’m bringing you another healthy recipe with no refined sugar, no butter and NO flour! These Healthy Banana, Oat and Peanut Butter Cookies admittedly aren’t the usual chocolate chunk cookies that I like to tempt you with! I whipped them up one Sunday afternoon (what is it about Sunday’s that make you need a cookie?) and packed them full of good stuff that still tastes naughty, thanks to chunks of antioxidant rich dark chocolate.
They’re incredibly easy to pull together in just a few minutes and a great use for leftover bananas – plus they’re incredibly delicious and filling. Use your favourite peanut butter to add a protein and healthy fat punch and add in chopped nuts of your choice too. Chewy edges, soft centres and melting pockets of chocolate, spiced with cinnamon… Honestly, these are so good I think they would even fool kids!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 350g jumbo oats
- 75g dessicated or flaked coconut
- 150g (about half a small jar) peanut butter
- 75g chopped pecans
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped into small squares
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 160c/gas mark 4/350f and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a food processor, blitz your bananas with the honey, cinnamon, vanilla bean paste and peanut butter until everything is liquid and incorporated.
- Remove the blitzed banana mixture, and add it to a large bowl with the oats, nuts, coconut and chopped dark chocolate. Mix until everything is combined well, and then use a small ice cream scoop (or two tablespoons) to portion out oat cookies. Bake for 15 minutes, then allow to cool.
Love the idea of healthier treats? Take a look at these other healthy recipes: Vegan Banana Cake | Pumpkin Spice Flapjacks | Coconut Banana Protein Pancakes (I’ve made these and they were yummy!) | Chocolate Coconut Biscuits | Avocado Oat Chocolate Cookies | Chocolate Oat Cereal Bars | Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies | Neapolitan Banana Ice Cream