Ridiculously good Malteser Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes – like your favourite chocolate Rice Krispie Treat but with added Malteser goodness! Great no-bake Easter recipe
Love maltesers and Malteser bunnies? You’ll love these delicious and super easy Easter Malteser Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes! With dairy milk chocolate, rice krispies, maltesers, malteser bunnies and colourful sprinkles! 🐇🐇🐇
I’m on a bit of a rice krispie cake obsession at the moment (I just made a Creme Egg version too!)… I’ve always LOVED them – and I have them every year at Easter because I tend to melt down my Easter eggs INTO rice krispie cakes. Lee thinks I’m crazy, I say you get more for your money that way!
There’s just something so PERFECT about the combination of crunchy rice krispies and velvety rich milk chocolate that makes me heart Rice Krispie Cakes so much… I believe they HAVE to be made with Dairy Milk personally.
To make these Malteser Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes really malteser-y, I added plenty of whole and smashed up maltesers to the the melted chocolate and rice krispie mixture, before pressing into a tin and topping with more melted chocolate, malteser bunnies and pretty colourful sprinkles! 😍
(I used these sprinkles) ✨✨✨
This is the PERFECT recipe to make with kids this Easter because it’s SO insanely easy – just three ingredients and no need to even turn the oven on! In fact, the kids could probably make this by themselves while you relax on the sofa…
What you’ll need to make this recipe
You’ll need chocolate (Dairy Milk is the right one to use here I think!), malteser and malteser bunnies, pretty sprinkles and rice krispies. That’s IT! 🙌
To set the Malteser Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes, you’ll need a brownie tin lined with some tin foil or baking parchment.
- 400g chocolate (use milk, white or dark)
- Maltesers and malteser bunnies
- About 250g rice krispies (they're very light so that's a lot! - alternatively just pour a random amount into the bowl like normal)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Prepare a brownie tin by lining it with tin foil or baking parchment. Open the maltesers and malteser bunnies. Set aside.
- In a large heatproof bowl, melt 300g of your chocolate (break it into chunks first if it's a solid bar). Melt on 30 second intervals on high in the microwave, stirring after each interval.
- Pour the rice krispies into the melted chocolate and stir happily until everything is joyfully coated in glistening chocolate.
- Stir two or three good handfuls of maltesers into the rice krispie mixture, then press everything down firmly into your pan and set aside. Melt the remaining 100g of chocolate (I just used the same bowl) and spread it over the top of the rice krispies. Cut them in half and arrange malteser bunnies on top.
- Chill for around 30 minutes in the fridge, then cut into pieces.
Rice krispie treat obsessed like me? Pin it for later! 📍