A showstopping and delicious no bake cheesecake based on Millionaire’s Shortbread! Shortbread Base, Caramel Cheesecake and Chocolate Ganache on top!
I think I LOVE (and I know you all do too) no bake so much because it’s for everyone – even all those people who think that they can’t make a cake or look at me like a wizard for baking a pan of chocolate brownies.
That’s because, to make this No Bake Millionaire’s Shortbread Cheesecake Recipe – you don’t even have to TURN ON the oven! It’s completely no-bake – your microwave and fridge are the only helpers you’ll need (plus someone to lick the bowl!).
So, after years of obsession with no bake AND millionaire’s shortbread, including my famous Creme Egg Millionaire’s Shortbread, I had a thought – what about creating a hybrid of a Millionaire’s Shortbread, and a Cheesecake? 😍
Let’s break it down! Our base for this No Bake Millionaire’s Shortbread Cheesecake Recipe is crushed shortbread biscuits combined with butter (just two ingredients). The cheesecake layer is vanilla and cream cheese whipped with double cream and mixed with caramel (four ingredients) – and I then spread more caramel on top of the cheesecake layer, because why not!
It’s all topped with chocolate ganache (just two ingredients – chocolate and more cream!) and then I added some shop-bought Millionaire’s Shortbreads on top to decorate it. You could do the same, leave it plain or decorate it another way. I would advise you not to buy the Tesco finest Millionaire’s Shortbreads as those are the ones I used and they were not nice at all. 🙁
What you’ll need to make this recipe
You’ll need butter, shortbread biscuits (I get whichever are on offer in the supermarket), double cream, cream cheese, sour cream and caramel (I used a tin of Carnation Caramel to make this No Bake Millionaire’s Shortbread Cheesecake Recipe plus a round springform cake tin like the one below (8 or 9 inches is best).
- For the base
- 400g shortbread biscuits
- 150g melted butter
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- For the cheesecake
- 1 can Carnation Caramel
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 300g cream cheese
- 400ml double cream
- For the topping
- 300ml double cream
- 200g dark chocolate - anything from 55% cocoa solids and up works
- Mini Millionaire's Shortbreads
- Prepare your tin by greasing the bottom and sides with butter.
- Crush the shortbread biscuits into crumbs - in a food processor is easiest, or you can bash them up with a rolling pin. Mix the melted butter into the crushed biscuits, and pour the mixture into the tin. Press it down very firmly and pop into the fridge to set.
- For the cheesecake layer, mix the cream cheese with the vanilla and salt and half of the tin of caramel - set aside. In a stand mixer or using an electric whisk, beat the double cream until it reaches the soft peak stage - then fold in the cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture.
- Dollop the cheesecake mixture on top of the base, using the back of a spoon to level it off. Spread the rest of the caramel on top of the cheesecake base. Pop into the fridge to set for an hour.
- To make the topping, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in the microwave (on 30 second increments). Once it's almost completely melted, pour over the double cream. Leave it for a minute, then use a whisk to stir until you have a glossy chocolate mess.
- Remove the cheesecake from the tin and put it onto a plate - then pour over the cheesecake. Top with chopped up Millionaire's Shortbreads, or whatever you like!
- Store in the fridge as the cheesecake will be very soft at room temperature.
Pin it for later