This may seem a bit odd, but I always tell you about the things I love, and I love my new vacuum! I got it a couple of weeks ago in the sale (and it’s still available currently – April 2015 at the sale price) for £90. Prior to that we had a Henry hoover (whom I still love but who is now relegated to the attic/ spare vacuum role – sorry Henry!) which I’d originally gotten after moving in with Lee eight years ago and discovering he didn’t have a vacuum (what he did have was a dustpan and brush. On carpet. That was good for a few laughs!).
Anyhoo, so the Vax Air Max 3 is the first upright I’ve had and it’s different. It’s so powerful! As a pet owner (2 cats who are shorthair but manage to leave an ambitious and substantial amount of hair everywhere, god help longhaired cat owners!) it is so awesome to have a super tidy house despite the cats.
Because, you see, I am fairly house proud. There might not even be anyone coming over, but I find it a lot easier to relax and myself happier when the place looks good! If you’re the same, maybe this is the vacuum for you at a bargain price, so I wanted to share.
Things I love about the Air Max 3:
- The amount of cat hair, dust and dirt it picks up is phenomenal. I vacuumed just my dining room with this (a fairly large, carpeted room) and two days later did it again – just look at the insane amount of cat hair it picked up the second time! I’m starting to wonder how it’s even possible our carpets were holding that much dirt… Seriously though, they look almost like new!
- Really easy to empty and no bags needed
- It takes up very little space in the cupboard
- Pretty light to carry up and down stairs
- I LOVE the brush attachment (this one) – it’s great for cleaning everywhere – especially skirting boards, my stove top, and lots of other awkward places. Plus the you can clean the bristles if you use it anywhere too gross!
- The cord is very long – 8 metres – which means you don’t have to keep running to different sockets to plug it in
- It’s great at getting little crumbs close to the wall (that’s very important to me as they’re SO annoying!)
- The handle clips out and clips onto the tube to give you a corner / cobweb suction tool. Okay, that sounds seriously boring, but we all know it’s something you need, and since the bits you need are on the vacuum, the turnaround time is so quick and there’s no fiddling in the under sink cupboard trying to find the attachment you need!
Things that could be better:
- That suction comes at a price – using this vacuum is a bit of a workout! 2 hands are sometimes needed!
- The cord is a bit of a pain – the little hook that keeps it on is always falling down and you end up with cord everywhere. If I had the money I would have gone with the cordless version
- The attachments don’t feel very nice / ergonomic to use – there’s no real ‘handle’ on lots of them and so it’s a bit awkward to grip them and kind of hurts your hands
I hope this has proved useful, or if you’re not in the market for a new vacuum, that you’re at least partly amused by my rantings!