The most delicious big and chewy chocolate chunk cookies – this recipe makes the perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two! Just enough for you and a friend (or maybe just you!). They’re easy to make in a small bowl, and you won’t have dozens of tempting cookies sitting around!
The number one thing that people who read my blog and know or meet me in real life always ask is “How are you not the size of a house?!”. I can totally see their point when treats like Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies, Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies and Rocky Road Cupcakes appear here weekly! I’m sure I’ve definitely put on a few pounds since Kerry Cooks was born in 2011, but overall I’ve managed to keep things in hand, because the main reason that I love to bake treats is that I absolutely love sharing them with others. So even though a lot of the treats I share are pretty calorific, I’ll rarely eat more than two or three.
The truth is, I absolutely love desserts (despite the fact that sugar isn’t super good for you!) and I can’t see my life without the occassional gooey brownie, melty ice cream or amazing cookie – life is just far too short!
- 2 rounded tbsp soft butter
- 2 heaped tbsp light brown/light muscavado sugar
- 1 tbsp caster or golden caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg yolk – I crack the egg into a sandwich bag and then pop the white into the freezer to be used when I next want to make a meringue
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 3.5 tbsp plain flour
- 3-4 tbsp chocolate chips or chunks of your choice - I used a mixture of white, milk and plain chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 180C/gas mark 4/350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or non stick baking mat.
- Next, in a medium sized bowl, combine your butter and sugars into a fluffy yellow mix. Add your egg yolk, salt and vanilla bean paste and stir well, before adding the flour and baking powder/bicarbonate of soda. Mix again and add the chocolate chips!
- Seperate the dough into two large scoops, and dollop them onto your baking tray several inches apart. Arrange some more chocolate chunks/chips on top of the cookies, and sprinkle some sea salt on top. Yum! Now bake for 8-10 minutes (depending on your oven - you want the edges to be just turning golden brown).
When I made these cookies, I doubled the mixture (so easy to do!) and rolled the other cookie dough into two balls, then popped them into the freezer. When the next cookie craving hits, you’re ready to bake the cookie from frozen for instantly delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies!
You can also make adapt this recipe to make double chocolate chip cookies (replace a tbsp of flour with cocoa powder), oatmeal and raisin cookies or anything else you could dream up!