These addictive Easy Chocolate Brownie Cookies are little fudgy chocolate brownies – in cookie form! So easy, quick and simple to make, with a dense chocolate centre and a crackly top
These Easy Chocolate Brownie Cookies take all the MANY great things about fudgy chocolate brownies and apply them to a COOKIE!
Fudgy gooey chocolate centre – yup
Crackly, chewy top – uhhuh
Ridiculously easy and quick to make – check check check!
Ultra chocolatey brownie cookies should absolutely be your go-to bake for any situation – breakup, bad day, feelin’ under the weather, Tuesday. 😉
You might notice that in these Easy Chocolate Brownie Cookies, we’re beating the eggs and sugar together for a few minutes until they take on a light, mousse like texture, exactly the same as in these cookies!
It seems like this is just my new favourite thing to do – it gives great results! In these Brownie Cookies, this method gives us a crackly, shiny, meringue like outside and a fudgy, dense inner – just like with the brownies where it helps with the crackly top!
What you’ll need to make these Easy Chocolate Brownie Cookies:
- 2 or 3 x large cookie sheets, like this one
- Plain/dark chocolate, plus chocolate chips too – I LOVE Callebaut and they’re great value when you buy in bulk – and when was having too much chocolate ever a problem? I get mine at Makro online or from here.
- Sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder
- A stand mixer or hand whisk – I used my KitchenAid – I wouldn’t recommend whisking by hand if you can help it!
This recipe for Easy Chocolate Brownie Cookies is adapted from Jen.
- 115g unsalted butter
- 300g dark chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 120g light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 200g plain flour
- 150g milk chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 170C/350F and prepare two large baking sheets with silicone baking mats, or parchment paper (or by greasing them well with butter).
- Melt the 300g dark chocolate chocolate in a large heatproof bowl in the microwave, on 30 second intervals. When it's close to being melted, add in the butter, and stir until both are melted together.
- In a stand mixer or using a hand held mix, beat the eggs together with the cocoa powder, sugars and vanilla, for about 3 -4 minutes until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
- Combine the chocolate mix and egg mix and stir together before adding the remaining dry ingredients - salt, baking powder and flour. Mix briefly until completely combined, and stir in the chocolate chips. Begin to pinch off walnut sized balls of dough and roll them into balls in your palms.
- Pop each cookie dough ball about 4 inches apart on the baking tray, and bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely on the tray, then carefully remove and store in a tin for up to a week, or sandwich together with ice cream or other delicious stuff...
Like this recipe? Pin to save it for later!