The title of this post sounds kinda sad and loner-ish huh, like saddest book of all time, microwave cooking for one. But NO! There is nothing remotely sad about a chocolate chip cookie for one! For this is perfection. This is a smaller, more manageable, (and less go up a dress size – able) version of the amazing skillet cookies that I keep seeing all around the interwebs.
Oh, and did I mention it will take you mere moments to whip up? It’s so simple it hardly needs a recipe, but here goes…
- In a medium sized bowl, combine -
- 35g very soft unsalted butter
- 35g caster sugar
- 65g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp milk
- 35g chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Preheat your oven to 180C/gas 4/350F.
- In a large bowl, mix your butter and sugar thoroughly by hand, then add the milk and vanilla. Stir in your chocolate and flour and mix to combine. Press into a small greased baking tin (I used a ceramic heart shaped baking dish about 3 inches across and 4 inches tall.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Grab some good vanilla ice cream, a spoon, and dig in...
Oh and if you’d like to try the original skillet cookie… this version looks just EXCELLENT. Is it wrong to have romantic dreams about food?