Gorgeously soft and intensely chocolatey Chocolate Pistachio Cookies! Taste like a chocolate brownie inside with crunchy pistachios on top!
This is a recipe where you actually do have to switch the oven on (unlike LOTS of my beloved no bake recipes!). I can’t help but think that’s slightly bad timing given it’s currently *boiling* (for the UK) but hey – trust me when I say that these Chocolate Pistachio Cookies are totally worth being a bit hot and flustered for!
I LOVE pistachios and anything that makes the most of their delicious flavour and gorgeous jade colour. On our visit to Italy back in May, I found so many great pistachio treats to try – pistachio chocolates, pistachio gelato (of course) and a memorable cookie that was literally the colour of the Hulk.
These cookies are a doddle to throw together but the combination of the chocolate and pistachio make them seem incredibly sophisticated next to most cookies. Having said that, the soft melting chocolate-brownie like centre won’t exactly alienate any kids or everyday cookie lovers either!
✨✨✨Either though these Chocolate Pistachio Cookies are do-bake ( ), making them is SO simple! There are very few ingredients, and you’ll probably have them in your cupboard right now!
Making them is easy by hand – they’re made in a very similar way to brownies. First, we’ll melt the chocolate and butter together on a hob or microwave then we’ll stir in the eggs and sugar before adding the dry ingredients. Simple! The mixture is chilled before getting rolled into sticky balls and coated in pistachios ready for the oven.
What you’ll need to make this recipe
You’ll need butter, light brown sugar, salt, vanilla 2 eggs, plain flour, baking powder and of course, pistachios! Plus, CHOCOLATE! A plain rather than dark chocolate works best for this recipe – something around 60% cocoa solids – like Bournville or what most supermarkets sell as ‘dark chocolate’ in their value range.
- 250g chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 175g light brown sugar
- 70g strong plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- About 200g pistachios, chopped
- Grease or line two large flat cookie sheets and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together - I prefer to do it on a saucepan on a low heat on the hob, or you can use the microwave too. Stir as it's melting to make sure nothing burns.
- While the butter choc mixture melts, combine the 2 eggs with the sugar in a large bowl, and whisk! Whisk whisk whisk - for at least a few minutes, until they're fluffy and thick (or use a stand mixer!).
- Remove the butter chocolate mix from the heat and set aside to cool a little.
- Fold the melted chocolate mixture and the egg sugar mixture together carefully (don't beat it) and add the dry ingredients - flour, salt, and baking powder, on top. Stir to combine everything.
- Pop into the fridge for 10-15 minutes to chill. At this point, preheat your oven to 200C/180fan/gas 6.
- After ten or so minutes, remove the cookie dough from the fridge and use a tbsp to scoop small clementine sized balls of dough from the bowl. Roll into a rough sphere, then roll each one in chopped pistachios. Place onto your baking tray and push down gently.
- Bake for no more than 10 minutes - even if they don't look solid, they will harden up as they cool. Store in an airtight tin.
Love pistachios too? Pin it for later!