The GOOEYEST brownies EVER! Rich decadent chocolate fudge brownies, packed full of chocolate chunks.
Sometimes all you need is a brownie – fact. They’re the cure for a bad day, a guaranteed friend winner and best of all, super easy. I often make brownies as a last minute treat for friends and workmates and I know they’ll always turn out and be delicious.
Even made completely from scratch, these Easy Gooey Triple Chocolate Brownies take absolutely no time at all. Plus they’re WAY better than a box mix!
Everyone has a favourite brownie. I’m partial to incredibly fudgy brownies with a crackly top, like these. And when I say fudgy…. these are somewhere between the texture of a chocolate truffle, rich fudge and chocolate frosting. They’re also packed full of triple chocolate chunks, although pretzels or peanut butter would also be excellent add-in ideas.
Let’s talk sugar. Dark muscavado sugar is the absolute best thing to use in these brownies. It gives them a hugely rich, chocolatey flavour and keeps them moist and amazing. You can of course also use caster or light brown sugar, but dark muscavado is really where it’s at.
Chocolate wise, I use a cheap store brand plain chocolate in these brownies, or you can use any kind of dark chocolate you’d prefer or have around. For the triple chocolate chunks, use any combination of white, dark and milk chocolate that you like, or even add chopped up mars bars, snickers or whatever’s your fave!
- 250g unsalted butter
- 350g brown sugar (light, dark or even caster sugar will work - use whatever you have or you prefer. Darker sugar will give fudgier more flavourful brownies).
- 6 medium free range eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 300g dark chocolate (I used Tesco everyday value)
- 350g plain flour
- 100g white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 100g plain chocolate, cut into chunks
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees / gas mark 3 / 325F and prepare a large baking tray. I used one that was 18 inches by 9 inches.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, or in a large bowl by hand, combine the butter (it needs to be VERY soft) and sugar and beat well for 2-3 minutes, until it's pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time with the mixer running, and then scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Add the vanilla bean paste and salt.
- In the microwave, melt the 300g of chocolate in 30 second bursts, stirring between each time. Let cool slightly, then pour the melted chocolate into your mixing bowl and mix gently to incorporate. Finally, add the flour with the mixer running on slow, then turn off and work by hand to incorporate any remaining flour and chocolate from the bottom of the bowl.
- Scoop the chocolate batter into the tin, and bake on the middle shelf of the hot oven for approx 45 mins - 1 hour. This is an extremely fudgy and gooey mixture baked in a big tin, so don't worry if it seems to be taking a long time.
- Since you want your brownies to be incredibly fudgy you don't want a skewer to come out clean - the signs for doneness you're looking for are a crunchy top and the brownies pulling away from the sides of the tin slightly. There should also be zero wobble if you give the tray a shake.
I hope you love these! Whip them up whenever you need to bribe someone or make them fall in love with you.