Ultra fudgy Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Brownies… topped with delicious Peanut Butter and Reese’s cups! The ultimate peanut butter lovers treat!
You NEED these Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Brownies in your life, friends!
Let’s take my favourite decadent chocolate fudge brownies and pair them with glossy peanut butter, salted peanuts and Reese’s peanut butter cups… 😮
Did you know that peanut butter melts pretty much just like chocolate? It makes the ideal no effort topping for these brownies (or any chocolate cake or cupcakes at all). You can also melt it into cookie dough for delicious peanut butter cookies.
Brownies are always my chocolate treat of choice – the fudgier the better! I love to bake them thick and tall, with a crackly top. And uh… I kinda decided to take these Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Brownies to the next level by folding THREE KINDS of chocolate chips through the batter. 😆 I know, a little over the top, but you don’t win friends with boring brownies, right?!
This recipe is different from other brownies you may have baked – the sugar and eggs are whisked together on high speed into a thick mousse – and it’s this thick mousse which gives the brownies their shiny, crackly tops!
Are you not a confident baker? These Gooey Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge Brownies are way easier than you might think to make! Eggs, sugar and vanilla are whisked together into a fluffy thick mousse, while chocolate and butter are melted together in the microwave. The two are combined together with some chocolate chips and we have brownie batter! It bakes, cools, and then we’ll top it with peanut butter, salted peanuts and peanut butter cups!
What you’ll need to make this recipe:
- A brownie pan, like this one. I used a 9 x 9 inch pan (I like my brownies tallll!)
- Plain chocolate chips, plus white and milk chocolate chips too – I LOVE Callebaut and they’re great value when you buy in bulk – and when was having too much chocolate ever a problem? I get mine at Makro online or from here.
- Sugar, eggs, butter, peanut butter, ground almonds, salted peanuts, and peanut butter cups. I love buying pb cups from shops like Home Bargains or B&M bargains where they’re super cheap. I can also show you how to make your own!
- A stand mixer or hand whisk – I used my KitchenAid – I wouldn’t recommend whisking by hand if you can help it!
- 280g sugar - for the best results use light brown muscavado or dark brown muscavado sugar - you can also use caster sugar
- 340g dark/plain chocolate - I use 55% chocolate
- 5 large free range eggs
- 225g unsalted butter
- 100g ground almonds
- 4 heaped tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 5 peanut butter cups
- a handful of salted peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees and line a brownie tin with parchment paper. The one I used was 15 inch by 11 inch.
- First, combine the five eggs and the sugar and set them to whisk on high speed for five minutes, or until they've transformed into a thick airy mousse like mixture.
- In a large bowl, break the chocolate into chunks and heat in the microwave at thirty second intervals, stirring after each one. Once the chocolate is close to being melted, add the butter to the bowl and allow the heat of the chocolate to help it to melt too.
- By hand, combine the chocolate butter mixture with the sugar egg mixture and stir them gently together. Stir in the ground almonds and a large pinch of salt. If you like the sweet/salty combo, sprinkle some flakes of sea salt on top of the brownies before they're baked too.
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan and bake for 45 - 50 mins on the middle shelf of the oven, or until the edges are slightly browned and pulling away from the pan, and the top is crackled and firm (but the inside will still be very gooey). Remove from the oven after 50 mins at the most, even if you're not sure if they're cooked. They will continue to cook and firm up as they cool.
- Let cool overnight if possible - if you want to enjoy immediately, scoop out a corner and enjoy with ice cream, but don't attempt to remove from the pan or cut until they've completely cooled, as they'll be too gooey.
- Once they're cooled, warm the peanut butter by microwaving it for 30 seconds, then spread about four tbsps across the top of the brownies. Scatter with peanut butter cups and salted peanuts.
Like this recipe? Pin it for later!