Happy Monday! Did you have a fun weekend? What did you get up to?
I tried zumba at my gym for the first time, uhhhhhr don’t think I’ll be doing that again! I have zero sense of rythym so I should have known it was a terrible idea! 😂
As I continue on my journey with the Slimming World eating plan, I’m going to be sharing more healthy recipes around here! Like this 3 Minute Healthy Chocolate Fudge! By healthy, I mean healthier than the regular version, since you can’t make fudge with carrots (can you?!).
Coconut oil is packed with good for you fats that will keep you fuller and satisfied for longer! Plus, it tastes delicious. This yummy fudge also has just 3 tbsp of maple syrup to sweeten it, which is way less than regular fudge. I STILL love all the fudge (especially my smores fudge and peanut butter fudge), but if I can eat something that’s just as tasty but better for me, YES.
BUT this recipe is absolutely not low-calorie – it is fudge after all and it tastes amazing even though it’s a healthier choice! Soo chocolatey and rich, you only need a little piece or two to satisfy any chocolate craving!
- 210g / 1 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 80g / 1 cup cocoa powder (good quality makes a big difference here!)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- flaked almonds or coconut, to decorate
- Prepare a small loaf or brownie tin by lining it with parchment paper, tin foil or cling film.
- In a heat proof bowl, melt your coconut oil and whisk until it's completely liquid. Add in the cocoa powder, honey or maple syrup, vanilla and salt, and whisk again thoroughly until no lumps remain and you have a glossy dark liquid.
- Pour your mixture into the prepared tin, and top immediately with nuts, coconut or even a sprinkle more salt. Pop into the fridge to set, for roughly an hour (or speed things up in the freezer for about 25 mins). Peel off the parchment paper and cut into squares.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy within 7 days.
You could also melt some peanut butter into the coconut oil, or stir through some muesli mix, toasted nuts, or other bits – go crazy!