Adorable mini Healthy Frittata Breakfast Muffins filled with the goodness of eggs, vegetables, feta cheese and herbs. Perfect to bake in a big batch, freeze, and take to work for a healthy breakfast!
Brace yourself…. I’m sharing a healthy recipe!
Nope, I haven’t been replaced by a pod person (or have I 😉), I have shared a few healthy recipes in the past, like these protein balls, or these cookies with three of your five a day (both recipes have chocolate, coincidentally…).
There’s definitely no chocolate in these Healthy Frittata Breakfast Muffins, but I promise you that they’re still delicious, and SUPER healthy 😍.
They’re made with whole eggs, milk (I used almond milk as that’s what I have at home now), lots of veggies, feta cheese and herbs. I used red onion, peppers, sweetcorn and basil, but you can tweak the filling according to what you have in your fridge that needs using up.
I never used to be keen on eggs – maybe you’re the same (except in a cake of course!), but over the past few years I’ve gotten more into scrambled eggs, omlettes and frittatas. I still prefer them to be stuffed full of yummy veggie and cheese flavours though so they don’t taste too eggy, which is why these mini frittatas are great.
These muffins aren’t just for breakfast either, two in a lunchbox along with some salad or hummus and crackers makes a fantastic healthy lunch.
I LOVE knowing that I’ve got healthy stuff ready to go in my freezer… I often make a huge batch of veggie chilli and freeze in bags, ready for all those “I can’t be bothered to make lunch” days. Maybe you’re the same?
- 8 large free range eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 50ml (couple of generous glugs!) milk - I use almond milk, or use what you have on hand
- veggies - whatever you have on hand like peppers, tomatoes, spinach, sugar snap peas, etc
- I used:
- half red pepper
- half green pepper
- half small red onion
- big handful frozen sweetcorn
- herbs: I used coriander and basil but again use what you have on hand
- 50g feta cheese
- large pinch salt
- pepper - to your taste
- Preheat your oven to gas 4, around 180c, and grease a non-stick muffin pan (mine is Prestige and literally nothing sticks to it) with a little olive oil.
- Chop your veggies all to a similar size, and sautee In a large saucepan, with the olive oil and garlic on a low heat. While those are cooking, crack your eggs into a large bowl, add the milk and whisk well.
- Crumble in the cheese and herbs to your egg mixture, and add the salt and pepper.
- Once the veggies are all cooked, turn off the heat and let cool for about a minute before stirring them into the egg mix. Pour or spoon the egg mix into the muffin cups (with no liner), filling them right to the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the middle shelf of the oven - when they're done, they'll be bubbly and slightly browned on top. Let cool completely in the tray before turning out.
- Store in a tin, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Pin it for later
Question – Would you like to see more healthy recipes around here?