You’ll love this post if you’re thinking about cleaning up your diet a little as we come out of winter! As we approach spring, the days get longer and the temperatures rise, I’m starting to make more of an attempt to eat in a more healthy way (just not possible in winter, in my opinion!).
I have a bit more of an incentive than ever before to clean up my diet, as it’s four months this weekend until I get married! While I definitely won’t do a disappearing bride on you guys (I can’t see my life EVER not containing chocolate chip cookies), I am planning to eat more fruit and veg, and aim to limit treats to once a week (and definitely homemade!).
With that in mind, I decided to round up some ideas for healthy but delicious, and most importantly, filling meals that are great for your body, but won’t leave you feeling deprived.
- Sweet potato, lentil and coconut curry at Naturally Ella
- Bean salad with roasted squash at Oh She Glows – I’d use roasted butternut squash
- Salmon fillet with avocado and cucumber salad at BBC Good Food – I’d need some kind of carb with this – maybe a slice of wholemeal bread or just a more hearty salad
- Creamy tomato pasta by Annie’s Eats – I use a tablespoon of greek yoghurt and use wholewheat pasta
- Baked sweet potato with roasted beetroot and feta – warm and comforting and great with lentils too
- Roasted veg and cous cous salad – great with pomegranate seeds and your fave veggies, plus feta/goats cheese
- Multigrain bread – I can’t see myself stopping eating bread completely but this homemade version is super healthy
- Skinny sweet potato fries – as a side and for days when I need chips!
- Corn cakes with avocado – I can see these being great as a quick and tasty side!
Have I inspired you to try any of these healthier recipes? Do you have any delicious healthier meals you can recommend? Please share!