Easter is a bit later this year due to some snaffu with the moon, but with Easter eggs and decorations everywhere in the shops at the moment, how to parlay all the delicious Easter treats around into baked goods is on my mind! Earlier this week I shared my Creme Egg Chocolate Caramel Shortbread so I thought I’d stick to the theme and share some inspiration for Easter Bakes, both sweet and savoury! There’s nothing more satisfying than sharing something delicious that you’ve made yourself!
- Egg Rice Krispy Treats – such a great idea to make them egg shaped!
- Mini Egg Cookies – I just love how pretty and pastel they are
- Creme Egg Chocolate Caramel Shortbread – sooo rich but a must-make if you love Creme Eggs!
- Easter Chocolate Nests – made with cornflakes, so much easier than shredded wheat! They’d be great with rice krispies too
- Hot Cross Buns – I made these for the first time last year and
- Easter bread – a sweet/savoury bread, with sprinkles? Yes please!
- Mini Quiches – fab light food for a gathering with friends or family
- Asparagus Tart – perfect for making the most of spring asparagus
Do you think you’ll make any special treats this Easter? I always HAVE to make chocolate rice krispie treats – it’s my favourite way to use my egg chocolate!