Whoa, I cannot believe it’s over halfway through April already! 2014 is flying by, which is pretty scary given that I get married in 8 weeks time! There are still quite a few things I need to sort out… gulp!
One of the best things about spring is the fun of lightened up, flavourful food! It’s halfway between the stodgy comfort food of winter and the salad days of summer (when I eat my own body weight in watermelon, feta, and ice cream!), and I love it!
With the long Easter weekend coming up, I also always find myself trying some bread baking or some other kitchen challenge! Here are some simple and delicious ideas that I’m planning on trying this spring.
1 . Spring Vegetable Risotto – I’m on a risotto kick right now, it’s just SO good! You can make this with whatever seasonal veg you have to hand.
2. Herb crusted Salmon – I had something similar in a restaurant recently, and I’m definitely trying it at home!
3 . Pea and feta frittata –I can struggle to get enough protein and this frittata is a delicious and easy way to make sure that happens.
4 . Herbed flatbreads –These look so yummy for an outdoor picnic or bbq!
5. Easy stuffed peppers – pretty healthy, but as long as there’s some carbs and cheese involved, these won’t leave me feeling deprived!
6. Asparagus Tuna Casserole -This may seem a little retro but I’ve been craving something similar… with plenty of lemon I think it’ll taste amazing!
7. Lemon Linguine – springtime is all about lemon. YUM.
8. Summery sweetcorn fritters – I must make these this year!
And, onto the sweet stuff! Brownies are still my number one squeeze, but at this time of year I start to choose treats including more lemony and fruity flavours.
9. Nutella brioche – perfect for a lazy Easter weekend brunch!
10. Carrot Cake whoopie pies – Such an original idea, so perfect for spring
11. Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf cake – just so vibrant, just so English, just so RIGHT for now
12. Coconut Macaroons – I’m hoping these will be one of the favours at our wedding, so I need to perfect them first! We don’t get shredded coconut in the UK so have to use dessicated
13. Blueberry Crumb Cake – YES.
Have I inspired you to make or bake something tasty?