The easiest, most delicious cheats fudge EVER! Just three ingredients combine to make a yummy and easy homemade fudge that you’ll have ready in minutes.
I LOVE giving food gifts for Christmas. I’d much rather have a jar of chutney that someone has made with me in mind, than a gift voucher (although still buy me books, please!).
Since Christmas is a time for a little bit of festive indulgence, I like to keep my gifts on the sweet side! In the past I’ve made bounty chocolate fudge, coconut chocolate snowball truffles and Christmas cookies.
When I decided to make this Easy Malteser Reindeer Chocolate Fudge I wondered how to make it more Christmassy. Sure, I had Christmas sprinkles but I wanted it to be SUPER festive!
So I decided to include some Malteser reindeer on top – aren’t they cute? You just have to squint a little and they look exactly like reindeer…
With chopped up maltesers stirred through the fudge too, the whole thing is absolutely delicious and incredibly moreish, even though it’s so decadent and rich, it’s hard to stop at just one piece!
This fudge would be the perfect gift this Christmas, you could easily sub the malteser reindeer for the favourite Christmas chocolate of your recipient – snowballs perhaps?
I picked up my snowflake gift bags from Poundland and Lakeland also sell clear ones that I often use. I love to tie my packages up with pretty ribbons- this gingham one is from the wilko Christmas range and I always pick up loads so I can use it all year round. (Gingham NEVER goes out of season!).
Just a warning – although this fudge is THE perfect make-ahead gift for Christmas – the longer it’s in your fridge, the more of it you’ll accidentally eat before it makes it’s way to it’s recipients! Whoops!
If you don’t have an 8×8 inch brownie tin, you could also use a round cake tin, or even use a bigger tin – this fudge is very thick so it won’t spread out. Keep this fudge in the fridge, but it’s best enjoyed at room temperature.
- 500g plain chocolate
- 2 packets maltesers (about 60g)
- 1 packet malteser reindeer
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 30g unsalted butter
- 397g tin condensed milk
- sea salt flakes
- Festive sprinkles or red/white/green M&Ms or smarties
- First, prepare a 8 x 8 inch baking tin by lining it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Next, in a large heatproof bowl, break your chocolate into squares and start to melt in the microwave, on no more than 30 second intervals. After each interval, remove from microwave and give it a stir so the chocolate doesn't burn. While that's melting, bash up your maltesers (I usually do this while they're still in their packets)
- Once the chocolate is almost completely liquid, add the tin of condensed milk, maltesers, cocoa powder (make sure you sieve it as cocoa powder is very lumpy!) and the 30g of butter, and stir to incorporate. Add sea salt to taste (you may prefer to leave it out) and quickly deposit the fudge into your baking tin (it will start to stiffen up very quickly).
- Level it out with a spatula, then decorate with your festive sprinkles or sweets, plus the reindeers. Pop into the fridge to set completely, which will take 1-2 hours.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to three weeks - but ensure it's tightly wrapped.
Pin recipe for later