Malteser addict? You HAVE to try these easy NO BAKE Malteser Rocky Road with marshmallows, biscuits, malteser chocolate and …. lots of maltesers!
You HAVE to try these! I normally have *some* semblance of control around the things I bake, but these Malteser Rocky Road squares were a whole other story… 😜 I must have eaten 2/3 of the batch just by myself…. they’re that good!
Why? Well, these Malteser Rocky Road are a perfect treat for any Malteser fan! Not only are they made with melted malteser chocolate (can you see the tiny babby maltesers in the slices above!) and a bit of horlicks for extra delicious malty flavour, but they are absolutely choc full of maltesers! We’ve also got marshmallows and biscuits rounding out the delightful combo. 😍
Yup, this is another NO BAKE recipe. Can I call myself a baking blogger if I only make no bake treats? 😕 Who the heck cares? They’re too good to stop! And the best thing is how easy and convenient they are when you need a last minute treat for friends coming over or a bake sale…. so much easier than putting the oven on!
Let me tell you how embarrassingly easy these Malteser Rocky Road are to make… we start with soft butter and golden syrup and add in broken up digestive biscuits- you can mix them by hand or in a mixer. Add plllllllenty of melted chocolate (I used dairy milk and malteaser chocolate and it was OH so good) plus a bag of mini marshmallows and top with more chocolate and maltesers. 🙋♀️
Chill, then slice, then dive in! Possibly share with other people, but also…. 🤔
What you’ll need to make this Easy Malteser Rocky Road
You’ll need butter, golden syrup, digestive biscuits, mini marshmallows, chocolate – I used a mixture of a 200g bar of dairy milk and malteaser chocolate, plus maltesers! One of the boxes should suffice…
I didn’t have too many digestives when I made this, so I used broken up amaretti biscuits too. They were delicious, so definitely consider trying that!
- For the Rocky Road
- 100g very soft unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- pinch salt
- 100g milk chocolate (i used dairy milk!)
- 100g malteser chocolate
- 150g broken biscuits - normally digestives, I used some digestives and some amaretti biscuits. They should be crumbled into pieces around 1cm - 2cm big
- 150g maltesers - whole
- 100g mini marshmallows - I used the rocky mountain ones which taste delicious
- To top the Rocky Road
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g melted Malteaser chocolate
- 50g more Maltesers - some whole, some cut in half
- Sprinkles - if you like! I added some red sprinkles
- Prepare a large roasting tin tin by lining it with parchment paper or thick tin foil.
- The best way to make this Malteser Rocky Road is in a large bowl, by hand, with a wooden spoon. You'll also need a heatproof jug or bowl to melt the chocolate.
First, set the 100g of milk chocolate and 100g of malteser chocolate to melt together in the microwave - break into chunks and heat on 30 second intervals, stirring after each one. Then, beat the butter and golden syrup together. Add the melted chocolate into the butter mixture.
- Next, add in the biscuits - I break them up with my hands as I go, though you can also put them in a bag and bash them! Also add 150g of your maltesers and the mini marshmallows.
- Stir until everything is coated with chocolate, then scoop everything into your pan and flatten down with the back of a spoon. Pop into the fridge to set for around 45 minutes.
- Once the base has set, top with more melted chocolate, then add maltesers on top. I like to cut some in half - it makes them look prettier! Pop the pan into the fridge to set - for about an hour, or if you really are in a rush, in the freezer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge 10-15 minutes before you want to serve it - it will be very firm, and use a large sharp knife to cut into squares. The mixture is VERY rich but I'm greedy, so my squares were massive.
No Bake obsessed like me? Pin it for later