Soooo let’s talk about peanut butter and chocolate (I know, again!). These two crazy kids are definitely made for each other. Soulmates, you could say. From peanut butter brownies to chocolate peanut butter pretzel sandwiches to Reese’s Peanut Butter cup layer cake and even homemade chocolate peanut butter, they’re a match made in heaven!
These No-Bake Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares are incredibly moreish, as well as being so easy! The only skills you need here are microwaving and stirring, yay! The recipe is based on one from How to be a domestic goddess, but I’ve reduced the sugar (as it really was too sweet) and added a bit of water to help the base come together. You can also adjust the type of chocolate used depending on your preference – if you have a really sweet tooth, you might like white chocolate, or these bars would also be fantastic, and less sweet, if you used dark chocolate.
I really must warn you though, like the Reese’s Peanut Butter cups that they’re so remniscent of, these No-Bake Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares are dangerously addictive…
- 50g dark muscavado sugar
- 200g smooth peanut butter
- 50g unsalted butter
- 150g icing sugar
- a couple of tablespoons hot water
- 150g milk chocolate
- 150g plain chocolate
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- To make the base, measure the butter and peanut butter into a bowl and warm in the microwave until its all softened (but not melted). Stir in the dark muscavado sugar and icing sugar, and mix together - your mixture, like mine might need a few tablespoons of hot water to come together nicely.
- Press into the bottom of a lined brownie tin (mine was 9 by 6 inches). Melt the chocolate with the butter in the microwave, and then once it's melted, spread over the peanut butter base.
- Pop the tray into the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours before cutting into small squares.
- The bars will keep well in a tin for 3-5 days, but there's no chance of them lasting that long!