Delicious No Bake Salted Caramel Cups made using just three ingredients – chocolate, caramel and salt!
Continuing my obsession with amazing treats that you can make using just your microwave… No Bake Salted Caramel Cups!
They have just three ingredients – chocolate, salt and caramel! 😍
And is salt even really an ingredient? Anyway, they’re SUPER easy to make. You can use any kind of chocolate that you have on hand (though these delicious callebaut chips are my fave), and a tin or jar of ready made caramel or dulce de leche (I used Carnation Caramel but you may already have some caramel sauce in your cupboard too).
Another awesome thing about these No Bake Salted Caramel Cups? You don’t need any special equipment to make them! Just a muffin tray and either mini cupcake cases (for small bite sized cups) or regular size cupcake cases for jumbo cups.
To make them, we’ll just prep our cases, melt chocolate, and then spoon melted chocolate into each case, guiding it up the sides of the cases. Once that’s set, we’ll add salted caramel, then top it with loaaaaads more chocolate and a sprinkle of salt.
Wouldn’t these make the most fantastic Christmas gifts? They’d be awesome topped with colourful festive sprinkles like these!
- 300g milk or plain chocolate, or a combination,
- 1 (397) tin carnation caramel, or another caramel sauce you have around
- 1 tbsp flaked sea salt
- Prepare two muffin pans by lining them with your cases. In a large heatproof bowl, melt your chocolate (it should be broken into small chunks if its not already in chip form like the callebaut callets I use) - heat it on 30 second intervals on high, stirring between each one.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon chocolate into each cupcake case (about 2 tbsp worth), using the spoon to guide it up the sides of the cases until a thick layer is formed.
- While the chocolate is setting (pop into the fridge if you want to speed this up), open your caramel and sea salt to taste.
- Spoon generous tbsps of caramel into each chocolate cup, then top with more melted chocolate (if the chocolate has started to harden, just give it a quick whirl in the microwave). Top with flaked sea salt, and sprinkles if you want to.
Pin it for later!