Yummy soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies are made even more fun with bright Rainbow sprinkles! Get the easy recipe for my Rainbow Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sprinkles are just the best, aren’t they? These Rainbow Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies are super fun for birthdays or parties, but also add some colourful happiness to a regular old weekday.
You cannot be unhappy while eating something covered in sprinkles. #truestory
These Rainbow Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookies are just regular, delicious Chocolate chip cookies with added SUPER BRIGHT sprinkles stirred in.
Now, weirdly, you just cannot get really good, bright sprinkles in the supermarkets here in the UK – at least, not that I’ve ever found. So I buy mine either from cake decorating shops, or online from eBay. These ones are these rainbow confetti sprinkles. 🏳️🌈
Other than the sprinkles, you’ll probably have all the ingredients for these cookies in your kitchen right now. If you don’t have chocolate chips (I love to use these Callebaut ones), chop up some value chocolate into small squares instead.
Don’t overbake these cookies – they really do only need 9 or 10 minutes in the oven!
- 175g unsalted butter
- 150g light brown sugar
- 75g caster or golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g plain flour
- 30g bright sprinkles
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g chocolate chunks / chips or a combination of both
- plus more sprinkles to decorate the tops of the cookies
- Preheat your oven to 170C/350f/gas mark 5 and line three large cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats.
- First, melt your butter in a large heatproof bowl until completely liquid. Add the two kinds of sugar and beat thoroughly. Next, break in and beat in the two eggs, and then stir in the vanilla bean paste.
- In another large bowl, sift together the corn flour, baking powder, plain flour and salt, and gently stir into the butter mixture. Add in the 250g of chocolate chunks, briefly stir, then add your bright sprinkles. Pop into the fridge to chill for 30 mins.
- Remove the cookie dough from the fridge and use a spoon or ice cream scoop to separate walnut sized balls of dough. Roll into a ball in your palm and pop onto your baking tray. Press down gently, and add more sprinkles on top.
Bake for ten minutes, until the edges are JUST starting to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool on the baking sheet.
Yay, rainbows! Pin it for later