Amazingly gooey and chocolatey brownie cookies, sandwiched together with a peanut butter filling to become the most awesome sandwich cookie of all time – Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Sandwiches!
When I made my Easy Chocolate Brownie Cookies, amazing as they are on their own, I knew that they were also perfect for sandwiching together with peanut butter goodness!
Yes, this is a pretty over the top cookie situation… I mean, I’m basically advocating that you eat TWO COOKIES at once, plus some other calorific stuff in the middle….
But you know what? It tastes soooo good! 😉
Just look at these guys – you can see the chocolatey intensity just lurking beneath the surface!
Like I mentioned in my post, the Brownie Cookies are incredibly chocolatey and fudgey (exactly like a brownie in cookie form, incidentally!) and the intense rich dark chocolate flavour works SO well with the salty deliciousness of peanut butter!
What you’ll need to make these Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Sandwiches:
- 2 or 3 x large cookie sheets, like this one
- Plain/dark chocolate, plus chocolate chips too – I LOVE Callebaut and they’re great value when you buy in bulk – and when was having too much chocolate ever a problem? I get mine at Makro online or from here.
- Sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and PEANUT BUTTER, of course! I always try to use one without any unnecessary add-ins like palm oil – Sunpat is my favourite
- One batch of my Easy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 250g peanut butter - smooth or crunchy, it's your choice!
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- sea salt flakes, to taste
- Bake your cookies according to the recipe instructions - let them cool.
- Measure out the peanut butter and give it a 15 or 20 second turn in the microwave, until it's nice and soft.
- Melt the butter and stir into the peanut butter mixture, then stir in the sugar, vanilla and salt. Taste - you can add a little more salt or sugar at this point depending on your sweet/salty preferences!
- Pop the peanut butter mix into the fridge for five minutes.
- Partner up your cookies based on size (you'll have to eat any third wheels!) and dollop a tbsp of peanut butter mixture onto the cookies, then press another cookie on top and press down firmly.
- Store cookies in an airtight container (or in the fridge if it's very warm) for up to a week.
Like this recipe? Pin to save it for later!
Now, bear in mind that when you come to eat one of these Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Sandwiches – you will need a GREAT BIG glass of milk (or almond milk in my case) to drink it with!