Yummy, chewy and delicious oat flapjacks packed full of peanut butter and chocolate chips and topped with chocolate sprinkles. Quick and easy recipe! Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Flapjacks
Oh hey! Remember flapjacks?
Me neither, then I thought of these ridiculously good chocolate flapjacks (which taste like a chocolate brownie meeting a flapjack, falling in love and having tasty little babies) and decided to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Flapjacks…
😍 and they taste SO good. But also, kinda like goodness? Because even though – I mean, seriously, look at the list of ingredients! – these flapjacks are not really healthy, there’s something virtuous about all the oats and peanut butter (so much protein!) and they keep you full for hours.
Also, I feel like flapjacks are really easy enough for ANYONE to bake? As long as melting and stirring are in your wheelhouse, you can do it. #Ibelieveinyou
You’ll need butter, chocolate chips (these ones are the BEST), sugar, golden syrup, oats, and peanut butter to make these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Flapjacks plus a deep pan 15inch by 11inch or similar – this is the one that I used below. Lining the inside with parchment paper makes it really easy to get the flapjacks out.
Help! My flapjacks always crumble?
That has happened to me before too! The culprit could be:
- not using enough butter/golden syrup to hold the oats together – I know it seems like flapjacks should be healthy, but they’re not really so just go with it
- not pushing down the flapjack mix so firmly into the pan before baking. PUSH! SO! HARD!
- not leaving the flapjacks to cool fully before cutting them up. I know it’s difficult but warm flapjacks will always crumble
One point about the type of sugar to use here – of all the ingredients it matters most of all which sugar you use. Go for light or dark muscavado sugar, or a combination of the two, rather than caster sugar. It will make your flapjacks much more delicious!
I used crunchy peanut butter to make these, but you could use smooth, or use another nut butter like almond too!
- 150g unsalted butter
- 200g golden syrup
- 200g peanut butter (smooth, crunchy or a combo - up to you!)
- 100g light brown sugar
- 400g oats
- 200g chocolate chips or chunks
- large pinch sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees and line a brownie tin with parchment paper. The one I used was 15 inch by 11 inch.
- In a large heatproof bowl in the microwave, combine the butter, peanut butter and golden syrup and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave a little more if everything isn't quite melted yet.
- Stir in the sugar, oats and chocolate chips, plus add sea salt to taste. Mix well, then press everything down really firmly into the pan, pushing down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, removing it when the tops of the bars start to get browned around the edges. Remove from the oven and top with chocolate sprinkles, or a drizzle more peanut butter (if you heat up the jar of peanut butter in the microwave, it becomes like a liquid - magic, right?
- Let cool completely in the pan and then lift out and cut into squares. Store in an airtight tin for up to a week (haha!).
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Flapjacks are the perfect base recipe for lots more awesome add-ins…. dried fruit, marshmallows, nutella swirls, toasted nuts 😝
Pin it for later