Need a fun Halloween treat quick?! Try this easy Quick No Bake Halloween Chocolate Slice – just five minutes to make!
This Quick No Bake Halloween Chocolate Slice is here to solve a very specific Halloween problem… one that I have every year!
I decide NOT to bake an elaborate Halloween cake, cookies or cupcakes (though if you do want to go all out there are some great ideas here) and just keep it really simple this year… Then at the last moment – very possibly on 31 October – I get the urge to bake something Halloweeny after all. 🎃🎃🎃
BUT I need something easy using ingredients that I have in the house… 😬
My No Bake slice recipes are quickly becoming my FAVOURITE easy
bake no bake! When I had the idea to make a REALLY Malteser-y chocolate No Bake slice, I had no idea whether they would work out nicely, so I was SO happy when they turned out to be one of the most yummy things I’ve ever eaten.
They taste like like a gorgeous chocolate cookie dough and are pretty addictive…. hey ho, eating healthily isn’t a thing on Halloween anyway!
Their little googly eyes crack me up Is it me or is this one rolling its eyes at me?
What you’ll need to make this Quick No Bake Halloween Chocolate Slice
You’ll need butter, sugar, plain chocolate, a can of condensed milk, flour and salt.
You’ll also need Halloween sprinkles! I used orange and green M&Ms, ghosts and bats from a Halloween sprinkle medly I found in Home Bargains (or get similar online) and googly eyes online here (I have also now seen them in supermarkets).
- 100g very soft unsalted butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 400g plain chocolate
- 1 397g tin of condensed milk
- 250g plain flour
- Halloween sprinkles
- Prepare a 9 inch by 9 inch square tin by lining it with parchment paper or thick tin foil.
- In a stand mixer is the easiest way to make this slice, or you can a bowl and wooden spoon too. First, beat the butter and sugar together until they're fluffy and soft, then add the vanilla and salt and beat well. Meanwhile, break the plain chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave on 30 second increments, giving the mixture a stir after each 30 seconds.
- Next, add the tin of condensed milk to the butter sugar mixture with the mixer running, and beat well - it will be a very wet mixture at this point. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix for a moment, then add the plain flour and mix well, using a spatula to scrape down to the bottom of the bowl and combine everything.
- Scoop everything into your pan and flatten down with the back of a spoon.
- Top with your Halloween sprinkles. Pop the pan into the fridge to set - for about an hour, or if you really are in a rush, in the freezer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge 10-15 minutes before you want to serve it - it will be very firm, and use a large sharp knife to cut into squares. The mixture is VERY rich but I'm greedy, so my squares were massive.
Halloween obsessed like me? Pin it for later