These easy and super-quick Rainbow White Chocolate Lollipops are perfect to make for a kids party, baby shower or wedding shower! And they taste so good!
I’m back! Long time no speak (apart from the odd Nutella related recipe of course). If you hang out with me on Facebook you’ll know I’ve been active on there but I haven’t been able to post here much lately – I’m hoping this is the end to that pattern!
I love these Rainbow White Chocolate Lollipops because 1) Rainbows, duh! 🌈🌈🌈
And 2) they’re sooooo easy guys. I feel kinda silly even writing a recipe for them at all, but here we are! And in my defense, there are important tips about melting the chocolate that will help you avoid disaster! White chocolate is a lot less forgiving when you melt it than milk and dark, so we need to be careful there.
Don’t you just love Rainbows? I am a LITTLE bit obsessed.
As well as rainbows, I used my mini Smarties to write initials in my Rainbow White Chocolate Lollipops – that way, everyone gets one that’s especially for them! ✨✨✨
What you’ll need to make this recipe
You’ll need white chocolate and mini smarties. Plus, lolly sticks (I got mine from ebay here). To set your Rainbow White Chocolate Lollipops, a non-stick baking mat like this one, or parchment paper is the best. You can use tin foil too- it works pretty well!
- 500g white chocolate
- multipack of mini smarties
- lolly sticks
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mats and set aside.
- In a large heatproof bowl, combine your white chocolate chunks or drops and pop into the microwave. Heat on high at 15 second intervals, removing and stirring after each one - this is SUPER important with white chocolate, as it burns quickly.
- Meanwhile, open your packets of mini smarties!
- Once the white chocolate is 85% melted, remove from the microwave and stir - the residual heat will melt the rest!
- Use a tablespoon to lift up the white chocolate and check its consistency - you want it to be slightly cooled and thicker - not super runny. If it's very liquidy, let it sit on the counter for a few minutes to cool a bit.
- Next, pop a lolly stick onto your tray and spoon a heaped tbsp of white chocolate on top of the end of it, using the edge of the spoon to guide the chocolate into a circle. Repeat until you run out of chocolate!
- Top the lollys with rainbow smarties and set aside to cool - they'll take around 30 mins to set completely, or you can pop them into the fridge.
Rainbow lover like me? Pin it for later!