Triple Chocolate Ginger Cookies packed full of chunks of stem ginger and rich chocolate flavour – fast and easy with no chilling required!
I’ve only started to appreciate ginger biscuits and cookies as I get older… the fierier the better! I think of these as a really festive Christmassy cookie, probably because they’re like a grown up version of a gingerbread man – though they taste amazing at any time of year.
These Triple Chocolate Ginger Cookies are a BIT more sophisticated than your average chocolate chip cookie. They start with an incredibly rich dark chocolate cookie dough that’s full of white, milk and dark chocolate chips and crystallized ginger.
If you love dense, fudgy, soft cookies, you’ll LOVE these! 😍
Another thing you’ll love is how ridiculously easy they are to make… if you are looking for a quick and simple option for Christmas food gifts with impressive results, these Triple Chocolate Ginger Cookies are for you!
These cookies are fairly fiery, with fresh ginger and crystallized ginger, plus ground cinnamon. If you’d prefer a less spicy cookie, leave out the fresh ginger – these cookies will be more child-friendly that way.
You’ll need butter, dark brown sugar, fresh ginger, ground ginger AND crystallized ginger, cocoa powder, flour, cinnamon and chocolate chips to make these Triple Chocolate Ginger Cookies.
These cookies are super easy to make – I made mine in a stand mixer, but by hand in a large bowl works just as well. Like all good recipes, you’ll start by creaming butter and sugar
- 120g soft unsalted butter
- 160g dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 80g cocoa powder
- 85g white chocolate chips or chunks
- 85g milk chocolate chips or chunks
- 85g dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 225g plain flour
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- First, preheat your oven to 160C/ gas mark 4 and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or non stick baking sheets.
- In your stand mixer or bowl, beat the soft butter, sugar and fresh ginger until they're soft and fluffy, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, sift together your flour, ground ginger and cinnamon and cocoa powder. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing well, and add in the chocolate and a pinch of salt.
- Roll your cookie dough into walnut sized balls and pop, around 3 inches apart on the baking tray. Push down each ball of dough slightly, then press more chocolate chips and small pieces of crystallized ginger into each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are just set, then remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the tray completely.
If you need more Christmas good gift ideas, try my Malteser Fudge, Terry’s Chocolate Orange Millionaire’s Bars OR my Christmas Tree Cookies!
Pin it for later